This feature actually resets the quantity on the selected location to 0 for UNMATCHED products in the feed.
There are two options for out-of-stock handling :
1. Set out of stock products to zero
- When you enable the first toggle, it will enable it for all the variants.
- This will turn ALL unmatched variants’ quantity to zero (out of stock).
- Please apply filters if you want to reduce the number of variants to be reset to zero.
Process is not reversible once completed. You are advised to download the export product as a backup to restore.
- If you have a blue dress (BD) with 5 quantities on your online store currently, and the feed file that you are trying to upload now does not have BD.
- Stock Sync will reset the BD quantity to 0 in your online store.
- If the feed file is detected empty, Stock Sync will not update anything.
2. Set out of stock products to Zero that was updated by Stock Sync before
- When you enable the second toggle, it will set out stock to zero for those products that had been updated by Stock Sync anytime before
- This will turn ALL unmatched variants’ quantity to zero (out of stock)
With the filter "Tags= A" and "Vendor = X". Any product that unmatched those filters will reset the quantity to 0.
- For the second option, it will only reset to 0 if it is unmatched against variants that are updated by Stock Sync before.
- "Unmatched only against variants that were updated by Stock Sync before" is only applicable to products updated by the feed that enabled this.
- It will only start logging in for updated products when this option is activated.
- Only products that are updated by the specific feed and not found on the feed file will reset quantity to zero. Hope this help
- If you have a blue dress (BD) with 5 quantities on your online store which was updated by Stock Sync previously, and the feed file that you are trying to upload now does not have BD.
- Since the BD was updated using Stock Sync then Stock Sync will reset the BD quantity to 0 in your online store.
- If you want to reduce the number of variants to be reset to zero, you need to apply filters within the Filtering Shopify products so that there are NO CHANGES.
There is a feature if the set out stock affects more than 80%, Stock Sync will stop the update. Click here to know more